Release™ is a new silicone based medical adhesive remover with added vitamin E. The silicone acts as a release agent, so the adhesive falls away from the skin. The silicone then evaporates in seconds, without affecting the adhesion of the next pouch.
Release™ therefore provides easy, pain-free removal of adhesives, which can cause considerable pain, trauma and damage to the skin.
Available in both an aerosol and wipe format, Release™’s advanced silicone based formula is completely alcohol free and kind to the skin, as with all Eakin products.
Release™ has the following key features:
- A fresh spearmint scent to help mask odours
- Added Vitamin E content to soothe and moisturise skin and also help maintain healthy skin around the stoma
- No sting on application
- A quick dry formula that dries in seconds, without compromising the adhesion of the next pouch
- The aerosol can be sprayed at any angle to access any hard to reach areas
- Release™ aerosol can empties completely, whereas traditional aerosols quote that up to 20% may remain in the can.
Release™ can be used in a number of cases:
- Stoma care – to easily remove pouches
- Wound care – to remove dressings and tapes
- Continence care – to remove devices which are held in place using strong adhesives.